Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day one

So I am actually on vacation today, what a change from my normal routine (okay so what is really normal?) Ben and I were suppose to drive to Kentucky this afternoon but between the weather and the truck needing repairs and work I had to cancel my trip to Kentucky. My prayer is that my mother-in-law will make it until we get back to see her the first week of April. If your not aware she has been battleing lung cancer for two years now and is on the down hill side of the battle. I found out tonight that Hospice has been coming in for about a month now. A flood of memories come rushing in when I think about not getting there in time to say goodbye as I did not make it in time to say goodbye to my father who as you know died of cancer in April of 2003. This was only one portion of my day as I was on my way to the base this afternoon I was passed by a yound pilot who apprently thought I was going tooooooo slooooooow only to find out there was a car in front of me. He preceeded to pass both of us and almost clip the car in the oncoming lane to OH to get to the Base Gas Station a whopping 2 minutes before me. So I pull up and start pumping my gas only to feel the steam pouring out of my ears in frustration because of this young man (Ashley would be so proud) as I walked out after paying I looked over and preceeded to say"I HOPE YOU FLY PLANES BETTER THAN YOU DRIVE" the look of astonishment on this young mans face was PRICELESS as I said (Ashley would be proud) just another day in Oklahoma pardise.

No comments:

Post a Comment