Monday, March 16, 2009

Loss of a Family Member


As you all know we were unable to make our trip to Kentucky to see my mother-in-law. I spoke with both my father and mother-in-law Friday after my mother-in-laws doctor appointment, they said her pain medication was increased but she was doing better. So now our plan is to go visit the first weekend in April. Saturday Ben replaced the ball joints on the truck so now it is safe to drive (long day Saturday). We had an uneventful Sunday except for the normal first ball practice of the season (yes I am playing ball again). Monday morning : it is extremely foggy this morning and little chilly but the birds are out in full force singing. I am entertaining the idea of sleeping a few more hours when my cell phone rings (most generally when this happens it's Chris wanting me to bring him something when I go into town) as I pick up the phone I see that the caller is my brother-in-law Timmy (okay now my heart has sunk) the last time I talk to Timmy was two weeks before Thanksgiving when he called to give me an update on my mother-in-law. He had some sad news for us my mother-in-law passed this morning around 0730, he said she was real bad yesterday and that they knew it was coming so they spent the whole day with her. twenty minutes later my niece Tabatha called to tell me the news of my mother-in-laws passing. What to do now? Many questions as to why we were guided in the direction of not going? Please keep Craig's family in prayer as this will be a trying time for them as they must carry on without the physical company of their loved one.

1 comment:

  1. marsha, i am so sorry to hear about your loss. :( i'll keep you and the family in my thoughts and prayers and if you need ANYTHING (not sure what from a 1000 miles away!) please call me! miss you love you

    ReplyDelete